Lisvane Memorial Hall: Heol y Delyn, Lisvane, Cardiff CF14 0SQ
The land was donated to certain trustees by the England family from the Mount, Rudry Road in 1947 to build a hall for the community in memory of their son who died in the second world war. The original hall was built in 1954 and the Young Farmers Club built an adjoining hall later. In 1986 a new enlarged replacement hall was opened by Mrs Eirwen Llewellyn. Later the trustees took over what is now called the Small Hall.
On the site we have rooms of different sizes for events large and small and two well-equipped kitchens. The main kitchen has a commercial cooker, dishwasher and heated trolley. Ample facilities include china and cutlery for 120 people, glasses, chairs, long, square and round tables to suit any need. There is a stage for productions as well as a lower stage, a drop-down screen and projector, a baby grand piano, sound system including radio microphones.
The complex has adequate car parking facilities and is situated five miles from the City Centre and some 2.5 miles from the M4 Motorway.
A number of groups meet regularly in the Memorial Hall and people wishing to use the facilities should go to the Memorial Hall website http://lisvanememorialhall.co.uk/.
The Trust is a Registered Charity - Registered Charity No. 524175