Social, Sport & Leisure
This page lists all the local groups which are affiliated to the Lisvane Community Association and some that are not. Those that have their own page on this site also have a sidebar button, otherwise, click the name in the list below.
If you know of a group which contributes to village life but is not currently shown on this website, please let us know and we will work with you to ensure that a suitable entry is provided.
Coffee mornings are held in the Old School every Wednesday from 10.00am to 13.00pm. Coffee, tea and home-made cakes are available at very reasonable prices. Everyone is welcome. Profits are in aid of the Old School Redevelopment fund these mornings are proving very popular. Come along and join us.
Walking is a popular leisure activity and is supported by a number of groups in Lisvane and in the wider Cardiff and South Wales area. A separate web-page acts as a link to those groups and we hope to add specific details of walks if there is sufficient interest. Click here to go to the Walking Groups in South Wales links page which will guide you to the latest information. There is also a folder containing leaflets with local walks programmes in the Cabin Library. The Graig Protection Society has produced a booklet called "Footpaths Around Lisvane" and organises regular walks of a local interest and the Friends of Coed y Felin and Friends of Parc Cefn Onn also hold occasional walks in their venues. The Nant Fawr Trail extends through Lisvane via Coed y Felin to Parc Cefn Onn. For further information click here to download the leaflet.
- Lisvane Art Workshop: Meets on Tuesday in the Memorial Hall at 2pm. Contact Ian Philpot, 2075 4613.
- Lisvane Baptist Church: Pastor: Rev Dave Llewellyn, 2075 0932, Secretary, Leslie Scarratt, 2075 2895
- Lisvane Baptist Ladies Guild (See website above)
- Boxercise: Held in the Old School on Thursdays between 6.30pm and 7.30pm. Contact, Fitness2gether 07920061028 or 07760107601.
- Bridge Club: Meets every Monday evening at 7.00pm and every Tuesday
afternoon at 1.30pm. Both sessions are in the Old School. Contact Margaret Russell firstname.lastname@example.org or 02920754010 for further information.
- Brownies 2nd Lisvane Meet every Monday at 6pm in Treetops Hall, Heol-y-Delyn (waiting list at present).
Contact: Brownie Guider: Amanda Coombs Email: email@example.com.
- Busy Bees Toddler Group: Parents and toddlers meet in the Old School on Mondays and Thursdays 10am to 11.45pm during term time. Contact Delyth Rummings 07921716023.
- Lisvane Cabin Library: Open Wednesdays 2pm to 5pm, Fridays 3pm to 5pm and Saturday 10.30am to 1pm. Contact Sue Johnson, 2075 0974.
- Cricket Club: Play at their new ground in St Mellons and run youth and adult teams. Contact Clive Brown (adults), 2075 9709; Ian Morgan (youth), 2076 3728.
- Computer Group: classes can be run for beginners and improvers, there is a 'drop-in' session, contact Sue Johnson or Vernon Hanson 2075 0974.
- Digicam Group: for those with an interest in digital image enhancement using computer software; meet Wednesday mornings from 10.00 to 11.00 in the Cabin Library. Contact Sue and Tony Clements, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elderfit specialise in exercise for the older person. The class is designed to improve strength and balance, reducing the risk of a fall. Meet every Thursday at the Old School 10am. Contact Gareth Bartlett 07731 382224. http://www.elderfit.co.uk/
- Extend Exercise is a gentle but stimulating exercise for the over 60's or less able people of any age. Meets Thursdays 2pm to 3pm in Lisvane Old School. Contact Di Kendra 02920 638703 or mobile 07477 636974 email: email@example.com
- Lisvane Panthers Football Club: For youngsters of all ages and abilities, Secretary Colin McKenzie, 2023 5718.
- Lisvane 50-Plus Club Meets every 4th Wednesday of each month, Location Lisvane Old School Hall @ 2.00pm. All welcome. Meet new friends, listen to interesting guest speakers and enjoy regular club lunches. Contact the Secretary Tony Cousins on 02920764871, or e-mail.
- Fitness League: Held in the Memorial Hall on Wednesdays at 10.30am. Contact Chris Clemett 20619400.
- Frenchtastic After School French classes suitable for 4 – 7 year olds. Weds 4.15pm Lisvane Old School, contact Annie Harding 07866 522266. email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friends of Coed y Felin: Secretary Jonathan Singleton, 2074 7710.
- Friends of Parc Cefn Onn: Contact email@example.com
- Karate Club: Youth and adult sessions are held on Tuesdays & Wednesdays at Lisvane Memorial Hall. Contact: Martyn Harris on 07714 418209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the website on www.karatecardiff.com
- Lisvane Gardening Club: Meet on the second Friday of the month in the Memorial Hall at 7.30pm. Secretary Ann Corrick, 2076 5109, email@example.com.
- Graig Protection Society
- Llanishen Golf Club is situated within Lisvane's boundary in Heol Hir.
- Stepping Stones After School Club Meets every evening after school until 6pm in Lisvane Primary School. Contact 07817510417.
- Treetops Playgroup Treetops, LCA Playgroup, Heol y Delyn, Lisvane CF14 0SR Tel: 07763917724 (Places are available for children from two to five years, including those with special needs): Leader Lucy Kemp, 07763 917724.
- Lisvane Historical Society: Meetings are currently on hold at the moment. See Lisvane Link magazine for future activities and meetings. Secretary Gillian Lawson, 2075 3868.
- Indian Dance: Held in the Old School on Sundays, 2.15pm to 6.15pm. Contact Leena Menon 2076 5109, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kickercise: A high energy cardio work-out to music. Held in the Memorial Hall an Mondays and Wednesdays 7.30pm. Contact Pascale O'Neil 07766 494277.
- Meggitt Dancers: For infants, juniors and seniors, ballet/modern jazz. Held in the Old School on Tuesdays 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Contact Liza Meggitt 2075 5257 email@example.com
- Lisvane Primary School PTFA: Secretary, Natalie Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Llanishen High School PTFA Contact Steve Fox on 2068 0847.
- Llysfaen Singers: meet on Wednesday evenings at 7.45pm in the Memorial Hall. Contact Martin Bye (029)20756618.
- Lisvane Players meet every Thursday at 7.30 in the Memorial Hall during term time. Contact Angela Goddard on 029 20756660 .
- Rotary Club of Cardiff East: Contact Treasurer: Colin Francis email@example.com
- Rotary Club of Cardiff Breakfast: Contact David Williams, 01443 202443.
- Rotary Club of Cardiff Llanishen: Contact Geoff Holloway 02921 401639.
- St Denys Parish Church: Rev Chris Burr, 2075 3338.
- St Denys Ladies Guild: Secretary Miriam Beecroft, 07762 570931.
- Llanishen & Lisvane Scouts: Meet in Livsey Hall, Llanishen. Group Scout Leader Hilary Ashton, 2075 9528.
- Slimming World: Held in the Memorial Hall every Thursday from 9.30am to 10.30am. Contact Wendy 2076 3208.
- South Rise Leisure Gardeners Contact Cam Burgess, 2075 1321.
- Street Dancing: For eleven to fifteen year-olds, meet in the Old School, Fridays 6pm to 7pm and is organised by the Lisvane Baptist Church.
- Tennis Club: Situated off Cherry Orchard Road, opposite Clos Llysfaen. Contact Des Whittle 2076 2459.
- Watercolour Classes: For all abilities. Held in the Old School on Tuesdays from 9.30am to 11.30am. Contact Pam Rees 01495 785 744; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lisvane Womens Institute: Meets on the second Tuesday of the month, (except August) in the Memorial Hall at 7.30pm. President Bev Gambles, 2076 6239, Secretary Ann Davies, 2073 2719.
- Yoga: Memorial Hall, Beginner Level Thursdays 6.00pm - 7.15pm. Intermediate Level Mondays 7.30pm -8.45pm. Contact Karen on email@example.com or call 07950 569880. Website: www.youryogacardiff.co.uk
- Yoga Class: Mondays at 6pm -7.15pm in the Memorial Hall. Beginners are welcome. £6 per class and please bring a mat. Claire Eynon 07887 581477 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Club: Meets in the Old School on Fridays from 7pm to 8.30pm. Contact Ali on 0786 6587316 for more details.
Located in the police station building, Llanishen Hub, as well as providing library and links to Cardiff Council services, has been designated a Wellbeing Hub which will offer the following free classes and events:-
Learn Bridge Starting 10th January 10am-12pm
Welsh for Beginners Starting 16th January 10am-12pm
Haiku Starting 24th January 1.30pm-3.30pm
Crime & Coffee Starting 23rd January 2-3.30pm (Monthly Bookgroup)
(Mental Health Support Group) Initial meeting Saturday 1st December 2-4pm. Open to all. Just turn up.
Sew & Sew Starting 7th January 9.50 - 11am.
Goldies Sing and Smile : 10.30 to 11.30 am on the third Thursday of each month, Click Here for more details.
For further information or to book a place please ask or contact Llanishen Hub on 02920 871060 or Llanishenhub@cardiff.gov.uk.